If you've ever performed during the CMJ Music Marathon, you hold these 10 truths to be self evident. Sure, it's four days of insanity, but that's the best part, right? If 2015 is your year to rock NYC, be sure to submit your CMJ application by June 25 and use this list as a crash course in what to expect when you arrive!
1. Does NYC even allow parking?
Only on Saturdays between 1:30 p.m. and 3:32 p.m. and Wednesdays between 7:56 a.m. and 7:57 a.m. Got it.
2. Can I borrow an amp?
Whatever, we'll just go acoustic.
3. I wonder who's in the audience?
Is that Swizz Beatz?
4. Would anyone notice if I climbed up to Rockwood Music Hall's balcony and took a nap?
I may never sleep again.
5. I forgot to eat dinner! And lunch. But at least I had a good breakfast... yesterday.
Give me all the diners!
6. Why is there not a drink in my hand?
Oh, so this is what dehydration is like.
7. We are total rockstars!
8. Pay attention! We're up here working!
Save the chitchat for between sets.
9. Now I know why they call it a marathon.
My dogs are barking.
10. Why didn’t I go to a panel?
Guess there's always next year!