I am happy to announce that ArtistData is, as of today, officially part of the Sonicbids family.
For those who don’t know ArtistData, it’s a site currently used by 25,000 artists that makes it easy for bands to publish content across the social web. If you are an artist, and you’ve gotten tired of updating all your profiles around the web (MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, etc.), AD is for you. If Sonicbids is all about booking gigs, ArtistData is all about helping you market those gigs. Simple as that.
This acquisition is the culmination of many discussions that Brenden Mulligan, the founder of ArtistData, and I had over the years — and at the heart of it is the joining of forces of two companies that share the same vision for the future of the music business, and the same passion for serving independent artists.
Brenden and I share many things in common: Both of us love music and truly believe in helping independent artists; both of us bootstrapped our companies and funded their early days by amassing ridiculous amounts of credit card debt; both of us are music guys who believe that technology can not only change the world, but it can also empower a new generation of artists to build music careers on their own terms.
As undoubtedly many of you will have questions, I figured that I will attempt to address some of them on this blog.
- What’s free on ArtistData will remain free on Sonicbids. ArtistData built a great service by offering a huge amount of great tools at no charge. Even after we integrate ArtistData into Sonicbids, we will keep what’s free, free. That’s right. You will not have to have a paid Sonicbids membership to enjoy what’s currently free on AD even when it’s part of Sonicbids.
- Paid Sonicbids members will get an amazing amount of new features soon. We plan to integrate all of ArtistData’s premium offerings into Sonicbids accounts. Both basic and Supersonic members will start enjoying a number of awesome new goodies soon. Don’t even think about switching the channel!
- Sonicbids is picking up the tab for Premium ArtistData offerings until September 1. Wanna try ArtistData and everything that it offers? Even things that cost $9.99 and $24.99 a month now? Go ahead and try it free on us until September 1, 2010.
- Brenden Mulligan is joining the Sonicbids team and heading our San Francisco office. Brenden is by far one of the smartest entrepreneurs that I know. That’s why he is joining the Sonicbids team as our new VP, Strategic Development. He will also be heading our presence in the West Coast with a new office we are opening. There’s too much action going on over there for us to not be present.
- We are here to empower an Artistic Middle Class. What gets us up each morning is our passion in our mission of empowering an Artistic Middle Class. The ArtistData platform is used today by 25,000 artists. Can’t wait to see it in use by over 245,000 Sonicbids users.
More, much, much more, soon. You can also read Brenden Mulligan’s blog post on ArtistData joining forces with Sonicbids, here.