Reminding yourself of why you stumbled into the world of music is always uplifting. There's a reason you've dedicated so much time, energy, and love to your craft. So if you're in need of a little motivational boost, these six powerful quotes from musicians and motivational figures throughout history should do the trick!
1. "One good thing about music: when it hits you, you feel no pain." – Bob Marley
2. "I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me, like food or water." – Ray Charles
3. "Music is a world within itself, it is a language we all understand." – Stevie Wonder
4. "Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." – Victor Hugo
5. "Musicians want to be the loud voice for so many quiet hearts." – Billy Joel
6. "I believe musicians have a duty, a responsibility to reach out, to share your love and pain with others." – James Taylor
What quotes remind you of why you chose music? Share your favorites in the comments below!
Kathleen Parrish is a singer and songwriter from Seattle, WA. While she specializes in lyrics, she enjoys writing short stories, poetry, and journalism. For more information, please visit www.kathleenparrish.com.