As a musician, having a supercharged link in bio is an absolute necessity. Having a single link tied to all of your platforms makes connecting with your fans a lot easier, but how do you know which link in bio platform is right for you?
Music Marketing expert and author Jesse Canon tested several link in bio options built for musicians. We’ll share why he believes Koji is the best link in bio for musicians, instrumentalists, producers, and artists and dive into some unique features a Koji link in bio brings to the table.
1. First Impressions Are Everything
As musicians, we naturally want our fans to have the best experience possible when they want to learn more about us and our art. A great user experience can convert potential fans into lifelong listeners.
Jesse Cannon puts it plainly:
“Truly one of the most overlooked parts of building a fan base is the first impression you make on fans” – Jesse Cannon
Koji provides plenty of free tools to help you tell your story in your own words. It isn’t just a link in bio; it’s a personalized website that offers customized text, graphics, and ultimately, a stronger way to connect with your audience.
2. The Koji App Store Advantage
On top of Koji’s customizable layout for musicians, the built-in app store makes it easy to connect with fans without having to download additional plugins, or leave the hosting platform.
“These are not iOS apps, there’s nothing [fans or musicians] need to download… Their app store has so many cool possibilities for doing high-quality marketing to your audience.” – Jesse Cannon
The Koji app store provides artists with limitless opportunities to monetize their art at any stage without taking an exorbitant cut like other online storefronts.
3. Mini-Apps For Musicians
Koji is catered for creators and hosts a bunch of apps that can provide musicians with steady streams of income and new avenues to connect with their audience. Check out some of these link in bio apps showcased by Jesse for your supercharged Koji link:
- Locked Audio: Monetize audio collections or individual files
- Tip Jar: Collect tips from fans without fees
- Ask Me Anything: Monetize Q&As from fans
- Video Guestbook: Allow your fans to leave videos in response to a prompt
- Sell physical products: Set up a storefront for merch, gear, etc.
- Shoutout: Sell personalized fan videos to your audience
- Dare Me: Monetize dares from your fans
- Fund MyProject: Crowdfund your album, tour, or music video
- Locked Photo or Video: Sell exclusive photos and videos to fans
- Music Links: Embed your music links from major DSPs and stores
4. Building The Ultimate Koji Profile
Five great tips to creating a Koji link in bio that will maximize your reach as a musician:
- Keep your information consistent. While picking out a Koji username, make sure it’s the same as the rest of your socials so that your fans can easily find you. Try to keep your branding consistent too, and customize the text to fit your voice.
- Make a good impression. It’s a good idea to feature your high-performing content near the top of your Koji profile. For instance, if you have an amazing Tiktok, feature that towards the top with Tiktok Embed.
- Utilize video backgrounds. Koji’s video background option allows you to make a lasting impression on fans for free. Upload a video background directly from your browser or phone or embed it directly from a music video.
- Try out animated buttons. Animated buttons and gifs are another way to bring up the production value of your profile. Take advantage of Koji’s built-in icons, or search for your own images.
- Scroll through styles. Try out different styles and fonts and see what works best. Make sure your fans can easily read your links – some background and text color combinations can make this difficult.
It pays to put a little time into your Koji profile. For many creators, Koji serves as its own personal website and storefront:
“This isn’t a traditional link in bio page. It’s a place where you can regularly send your fans to get a good impression and build your business.” – Jesse Cannon
5. Supercharge Your Links
Cannon finishes off the video by providing a couple of proven strategies to help connect with your fans more effectively through Koji:
- Embed Directly: Koji provides you with embedded apps for just about every music player imaginable. Link your music through these mini apps to help your fans reach your music faster.
- Link to Playlists, Not Songs: Linking out to songs is a missed opportunity. Instead, embed full-length playlists to hook your listeners in.
- Ask For Feedback: It can be challenging to have perspective when you’ve looked at the same item for so long. Ask other trusted friends and colleagues for feedback on your profile, especially when launching new mini apps.
- Promote Your Link In Bio: The best way to get your fans on your mini apps is to promote them! Link out your Koji profile whenever possible and show fans how they can use the mini app features.
It all comes back to building your profile to facilitate a deeper connection with fans:
“We should think about if a fan clicked around [your Koji], what would make the best first impression or get them to build a deeper relationship?” – Jesse Cannon
Without a doubt, Koji can offer musicians unique features to help you build your audience and connect on a deeper level with your pre-existing fans.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
Interested in hearing more? Check out Jesse Cannon’s full analysis on his Youtube channel Musformation: