Here's the moment you've been waiting for: your roundup of top tips and tricks designed to get your music career jumpstarted. Check out our most read articles from last week and get this week started off on the right foot!
1. 5 Types of Gigs You Didn't Know You Need
Your ticket to your next gig just might be in a place you never thought of.
2. What Does a Touring Musician Actually Do All Day? Here's One Band's Real Schedule
Get an inside look at what Ryan Baustert of Throw the Fight does hour by hour on a typical touring day.
3. Silence Is Not Golden: How to Avoid Dead Air at Your Live Shows
Make sure that your shows flow seamlessly by making these crucial preparations.
4. 7 Creative Ways to End a Song
Here's how to end a song so that you leave your listeners wanting more.
5. 12 More of the Best Songs That All Bassists Should Have in Their Repertoire
Expand your bass arsenal even more with these 12 staples every player should know.
6. How to Make Your Guitar Sound Creamy: 5 More Confusing Audio Terms, Explained
Let's decode some more confusing audio terms, like "creamy" and "lush."
7. Bands: Here's How to Amp Up Your Local Music Scene in 6 Steps
It's easier to make an impact in your local scene than you thought. Here's how to do it right now!
8. Here's Where 80 Percent of Your Mix Comes From
Adjusting these two elements of your recording will impact the mix more than anything else.
9. Facebook: 7 Odd Tips And Tricks for Musicians
Integrate these handy tricks into your daily Facebook life to get more out of the platform.
10. Pro Tip for Shy Performers: Create a Split Personality
When you’re able to separate yourself from your onstage self, you save yourself massive amounts of mental energy.