There's something to be said for lifelong learning, so even if you think you're already an expert in all of these areas, we bet there are more than a few tidbits to pick up in this week's most read articles. Feel free to leave your favorite takeaways in the comments below!
1. What Your Onstage Look Says About You
Is your onstage attire complementing your musical style or contradicting it? Here are six real examples to help you out.
2. 5 Things All Guitarists Switching to Bass Need to Know
If taking up the bass sounds appealing to you, know what you're getting yourself into ahead of time.
3. 7 Little Ways to Be a Happier Musician (Even When Things Seem Hopeless)
Because life is too short to be upset over that one music critic who won't listen to your album.
4. A Daily 8-Step Routine to Master Band Promotion
Feel like you're wasting time? Plan your days ahead with this to-do list (spreadsheets included)!
5. Learn from the Beatles' Mistakes: 6 Times the Fab Four F*cked Up
Hey, no band is perfect, no matter how hugely successful and super famous.
6. 5 Alternative Band Rehearsal Spaces That Are Either Free or Really Cheap
Never pay for an overpriced reheasal space again!
7. 5 Lessons From Unconventional Song Topics That Will Make You a More Creative Songwriter
Your next big songwriting idea could be about something you would have never suspected.
8. 3 Ways to EQ Without Touching a Single EQ Knob
Before you go rushing for that EQ, try these three methods first to achieve the sound you're looking for.
9. 4 Classic Bands Whose Sounds Keep Coming Back
Which one of these classic artists will inspire YOUR next record?
10. 5 Tips to Increase Your Chances of Getting Press
Don't go into the press game unarmed! Use these tips to increase your chances of coverage.